While taking work home was commonplace years ago, allowing your personal life to intrude on the office was not something that was tolerated. It was very uncommon for people to take personal calls at work and spending time doing household related chores at work was not acceptable. The advent of the working couple changed that dynamic in that it forced people to have to use working hours to get personal tasks accomplished. Perhaps the social contract has changed to accommodate this in that work is generally acknowledging that the requirement to get some work done at home is balanced by the right to get some personal chores done while at work. While this change may have been accepted in some work places however, the feeling is not prevalent and there are still those workplaces that promote workers getting work done at home while denying them the right to get personal work done during the work day. Unfortunately, firms will need to specifically address this imbalance if they want to maintain good relations with workers.
- The Shocking Rise in Unicorn Valuations
- Counting Investments in Canadian Unicorns
- The 2022 Narwhal List – Astounding Success
- Ranking Canada’s Accelerators
- IPO versus M&A
- Good news: D2L is going public
- What would you do if you lived in Buffalo?
- The Catch 22 of Canadian Seed Funding
- The Surprising Way Initial Funding Drives Success
- How Much Seed Capital Should You Raise?